jueves, 25 de agosto de 2011

Oh, to be 3 again

Tonight we said goodbye to a great group that was here visiting from Vancouver, BC. A night of worship and thank-you's turned into dancing for all interested. My Princess was definately interested. At three, she has few inhibitions and danced her little heart out, gleefully joining hands with anyone who would offer. Our little friends Eve and Euma were right beside her.

Most of the young people joined in, but there were those hiding in the corners, hoping that nobody noticed that they weren't joining in. But the little kids, they had it the best. Pure joy in the moment, no worries if they looked funny, or didn't do it right. Just joy. I so hope that is what heaven is like. Free of self-counciousness, free to enjoy life as it was meant to be lived.

And though I was raised Baptist, I do hope there is dancing in heaven. And I wish I could keep my little one here, enjoying life and innocent. I wish that she would never realize that there is evil in the world. That every day would be like today.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario