lunes, 7 de noviembre de 2011

How to cut open a coconut

One of my favorite outreach treats is fresh coconut milk., or "agua de pipa". Our hosts will often cut down several coconuts and cut a small hole with a machete so we can drink the milk (this is quite a skill). Depending on how ripe the coconut is, you can then split it open with a machete and eat the pulp or "meat". But, if like me you didn't grow up using a machete, this can be difficult. So here is the system I have worked out when I want to open a coconut: 1. Go ask the nearest neighbor for a machete (every household has one) 2. Take the machete and begin hacking randomly at the coconut. 3. Hand the machete to the Panamanian man who has just appeared out of the wood work and offered to do it for you. 4. Smile and say thank-you. There you have it! This system has yet to fail me.

2 comentarios:

  1. Did I ever tell you one reason I fell in love with my 'jungle man' was how he could open a coconut with just a few swipes of a machete? It's not so useful in Nebraska, but still part of why I love him!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I want to this tool for agriculture land cleaning.

    ResponderEliminar