lunes, 7 de noviembre de 2011

Lessons learned on the bus

As we were waiting in line to get onto the Chilibre bus, going home, I started thinking about what my daughters can learn from these experiences. 1. Patience. Wait in line to get on the bus. Wait at the bus stop for the bus to come. Wait for the bus to fill up so we can leave. Wait for others to get off so we can get off too. Their reserve of patience is being expanded considerably. 2. Opposites; the bus is full and empty, goes fast and slow, the music is loud and ... okay, it's always loud! 3. Be considerate of others. There is someone sitting in the seat in front of us who you are hitting when you wave your arms about crazily. When you scream, that bothers the people around us. Except if the bus driver is waiting for the bus to fill up. Then I let Carolyn cry and hope that it bothers him enough to leave sooner. I don't know that this have ever worked but I keep trying. 4. Basic economics. We have to pay for the bus. Sometimes I let the girls give the money to the busdriver. 5. And of course, thankfulnes. Always thank the bus driver when you get off. For me, the buses always remind me to pray. As in, pray that we make it off alive. But I am hoping that they don't yet realize how crazy some of the drivers are. So I just smile and nod when Abigail cries in an excited voice, "The bus is going faster Mommy!".

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario